As an accredited Disability Confident employer Portsmouth City Council is committed to achieving a working environment which provides equality of opportunity and freedom from unlawful discrimination.
The Disability Confident scheme demonstrates Portsmouth City Council’s commitment in ensuring disabled people are treated fairly and have equal access to opportunities and development. The Disability Confident logo reflects that we encourage and welcome disabled applicants to seek and maintain employment in all roles across the council.
In particular we will:
- ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- offer an interview to all applicants with a disability providing they meet the minimum criteria (outlined in the job profile) for the role
- anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required
- support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay and develop in work
- You will have access to a wide range of training and development opportunities including apprenticeships