We strive to remain a diverse and inclusive employer, recruiting the very best people to work for us – from a wide and diverse pool of talent.
As one of the largest employers in Portsmouth, we are committed to playing our part in reversing discrimination and helping under-represented groups to access opportunity. We do this by:
- supporting inclusive recruitment practices and removing discrimination against any employee or applicant in their access to employment, training, working conditions, promotion or dismissal
- seeking to build a workforce which reflects the diversity of Portsmouth’s communities – being regarded as an employer of choice by, and for, those we serve;
- taking practical steps to address disadvantage and encourage equality of opportunity. This has included, for example, supporting Armed Forces Service Leavers to transition into public sector employment, hosting work placements for Looked After Children, and becoming a Disability Confident employer;
- promoting apprenticeship opportunities for under-represented groups – particularly for roles not typically sought, or filled, by women;
- working to implement best practice in all ongoing and future work, in close collaboration with a range of active staff networks.