Governors are seeking an experienced leader to skilfully lead a school community through a period of change towards excellence. They should demonstrate a passion for the leadership of learning across the Primary age range and be able to confidently shape and improve the quality of education at Westover Primary.
The successful candidate will drive the development of the schools’ curriculum offer, ensuring that more pupils than ever before leave each stage of their educational journey well-prepared for their next. Strategies will place the need of the most disadvantaged children and those with additional and complex needs firmly at the centre of developments.
Our new Headteacher will inspire and bring out the best in staff, have resilience and drive, and have a proven track-record of delivering strong educational outcomes. Having been through a period of turbulence, we recognise that leadership of this school will bring very specific challenges. In recognition of this, we are offering an additional payment once the school is deemed to be good (by Ofsted and Hamwic Education Trust).
Our new Headteacher can be part of leading the next phase of our journey as we strive to deliver excellent education for our children.
We are seeking a professional individual who:
- Is currently an outstanding and inspirational Headteacher
- Has a strong track-record of success in their current role across the Primary phase
- Can develop the quality of learning provision so that it secures progress for all pupils across the primary phase
- Will effectively model leadership, ensuring staff have the skills they need to do their job well
- Innovates to improve the quality of the curriculum offer to address social disadvantage and fully meet the needs of pupils with special education needs
- Builds upon our good relationships within the schools, across partnerships and in the wider community
All schools within the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.