Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are flexible and reliable to join our night & weekend team who can safeguard the security of the buildings & manage risks to residents.
Candidates must have experience of lone working and working with people with complex needs and have knowledge of homelessness issues, risk management, security & CCTV monitoring.
What is the role?
To safeguard the security of the Council owned hostels by controlling access into the buildings and monitoring and managing risks to residents
To monitor and report/record entries of residents & visitors, health and safety issues, risks, repairs and any breaches of security. The use of a computer & Outlook Office will be required.
To conduct a remote security check using CCTV & audio systems to ensure that the person seeking entry is a resident, or authorised visitor of the hostel.
To permit entry to all authorised resident(s) and authorised visitor(s).
To decline entry to all unauthorized resident(s) and visitor(s)
To identify any necessary repairs to the premises, and any Council owned furnishings, fittings and white goods and ensure they are reported.
To respond to fire evacuations.
To talk to customers & liaise with external professionals in conjunction with the duties of the post.
Who is the person?
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has knowledge of homelessness issues
- Has experience of controlling access to a building
- Has experience of working in a hostel
- Has experience of dealing with people with complex needs in difficult situations
- Has experience of lone working and ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
- Is confident and who is a strong verbal and written communicator & can use knowledge gained to fully understand customers circumstances
- Has a good level of IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Is proactive & highly motivated with the ability to work quickly, accurately and consistently when under pressure
- Has good interpersonal and team working skills and has experience of working in a front line service
- Is a creative thinker, able to suggest innovate solutions to problems
- Is committed to equal opportunities
The post holder will be required to have a basic DBS certificate (we will organise this for successful candidates)
Candidates must confirm they have had an eye test in the past 12 months.
The Location of these positions are at Agnew Family Centre & Barclay House, Gosport
The working hours would be:
Barclay House – Monday to Sunday 5.45pm to Midnight
Agnew House – Monday to Friday 5.45pm to 9.15am and all weekend. (Monday – Friday hours are split cover from 5.45pm – 01.15am or 00.45am – 09.15am, weekend hours are 08.15 – 20.15)
These are all temporary positions and no work is guaranteed.