The Harbour School is looking to appoint the following position to start as soon as possible on a Permanent basis.
Looked After Children’s Mentor
Band: 6 – Full Time (37 hours a week), Term Time Plus (i.e. 42 weeks a year) £21,841 to £25,481 depending on experience (Actual salary £20,329 to £23,717).
This is an opportunity to join our enthusiastic, committed and professional team at The Harbour School in the role of Looked After Children’s Mentor. The main functions of these new posts will be to provide personalised, targeted interventions informed by the individual needs of each looked after child or young person at the school including the following interventions as appropriate:
- Role of Key Adult using the PACE Approach to overcome blocked-trust and improve relationships and engagement with education.
- Mentoring to identify and overcome barriers to learning and build on successes. Using solution focused approaches, the collaborative problem solving approach and restorative approaches.
- Specific interventions to promote a Growth Mindset through regular supported review and reflection.
- Assessing and teaching social and emotional skills to be ready to learn.
- 1:1 or small group work focusing on core subjects (English, Maths and Emotional Literacy) and/or other academic or vocational subjects
- Transition support including to post 16 provision.
- To work in partnership with key school staff (both at The Harbour School and in mainstream schools) and other agencies.
The Harbour School is a special school for learners with Social, Emotional and/or Mental Health (SEMH) Needs and/or Medical Needs.
For an informal discussion please call Vanessa Flapper on 023 9266 5664 Ext 1238 or mobile@ 07540 719823.
The Harbour School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Noon on Friday 2nd October 2020.
Proposed Interview Date: Wednesday 14th October 2020.