Special Needs Assistant
Band 3: Pay band salary Full Time Equivalent £18,562 – £18,948
28.75 hours per week (Hours to be discussed) term time only
Start Date: Monday 9th November 2020
Closing Date: Monday 2nd November 2020
Interview Date: Friday 6th November 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Special Needs Assistant to be part of Manor Infant School.
We are looking to appoint a Special Needs Assistant with lots of initiative and excellent communication skills, to join our friendly, forward-thinking and supportive team. You will be an enthusiastic, highly motivated and hard working person and will work alongside the class teacher in one of our classes. You will be required to support an individual, either by working with small groups, or on a one to one basis.
Our children are lovely, friendly, keen to learn, caring and well behaved. Experience of working with children who have specific learning needs would be desirable, although not essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with children within the Early Years, or Key Stage One, and be committed to supporting all children’s learning.
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated, creative and able to use their initiative.
- Be committed to working as part of a team in order to plan and deliver a broad curriculum.
- Be organised, efficient and professional in their approach and have good interpersonal skills.
- Be caring, understanding and patient.
- Encourage social play.
- Have NVQ2/3 or equivalent in working with children or within schools.
- Have good IT skills.
- Have good behaviour management skills.
- Be willing, at times, to go above and beyond to ensure our children receive the very best!
This will initially be a fixed term contract until August 2021, although it may be extended beyond this period, or become permanent.
Please contact Mrs Catharine Guntert, Finance Officer, email@example.com for more information.