St Swithun’s is an oversubscribed ‘Good’ school with a friendly, welcoming environment where every child is valued. We are looking to appoint a motivated, experienced Teaching Assistant, to join our hard-working, dedicated team.
Contract: Fixed term, initially until 23rd July 2021, term time only
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.45 am – 3.30 pm (31.25 hours per week)
Salary Details: Band 3, FTE £18,562 – £18,948, pro-rata £13,898 – £14,187
The role is full-time to support a Year R child who has ASD. Relevant experience will be a distinct advantage. Visits to the school can be arranged.
Candidates will have:
· NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
· GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above
· Experience of working with young children with ASD
· Experienced in using PACE strategies
· A team player who is also able to work individually
· Have a firm commitment to providing the very best outcomes for our pupils
· Humour is also required!
We can offer:
· A friendly and supportive team with lovely children, teachers, families and Governors
· A belief in team work and building positive relationships across the school
· A focus on care, guidance and support for all staff members
· A commitment to provide high quality professional development
· Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
Closing Date: Friday 6th November 2020
Interview Date: w/b 9th November 2020
Required Start Date: November 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
To organise a visit to the school, please telephone the school office on 023 9282 9339 or email email@example.com.