We are looking for temporary workers to clean the communal areas of Portsmouth City Council housing blocks.
The majority of our positions are 37 Hours per week with a 7:30 a.m. start
What is the job?
- Carry out the necessary cleaning tasks to ensure that the common areas outside and inside of a housing block are clean and tidy.
- To make necessary pulls on other services to ensure that the local area is clean and tidy. E.g. bulk refuse removal.
- Work in an effective and efficient way, and suggest and implement improved ways of working wherever possible.
- To work as part of the local Housing Office team
- Observe all Health and safety rules and take reasonable care to promote the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Act in a way that supports and promotes Portsmouth City Council’s Equal Opportunities policy, which aims to ensure everyone has equal treatment and equal access to employment and services.
Who are we looking for?
You need to:
- Be self motivated to work on your own and carryout your tasks.
- Be able to plan and manage your time effectively to make certain your tasks are completed efficiently, to meet the purpose of keeping the local area clean and tidy.
- Be able to use tools and machinery required for the role.
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements, hazardous material etc.
- Work as part of a team and be flexible to provide cover in other areas when required.