- Respect – we treat everyone with respect, considering the feelings, wellbeing, safety, and rights of others
- Integrity – we are accountable, can be trusted and take responsibility for our actions
- Collaboration – we work together as a team and with our colleagues, residents, partners, and communities to achieve more
- Inclusive – we recognise diversity, are open, fair and provide equal opportunity to all
- People-focussed – we put people first and ensure our customers are at the heart of everything we do
Our behaviours framework
Our behaviours framework sets out universal behaviours associated with each of our values. It shows how all staff contribute to the success of the council and to our success as individuals. It creates a guide to encourage and model the behaviours that we want to see.
What this means for you when applying
The values and behaviours provide a framework for candidates to be assessed against our new values. This could be in combination with other criteria such as required skills and qualifications. We will be looking for candidates who have values and behaviours that are similar to our own.
Equality and diversity
We are committed to reflecting the city’s diversity and promoting equality and inclusion, creating a place we all feel we can belong and bring our full selves to work.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who have lived experience and are from an underrepresented group, which includes but is not limited to;
- those from an ethnic minority,
- those who are LGBT+,
- those who are disabled,
- those from a lower socio-economic background, or
- those who are carers.
We offer support to our employees through networks, such as:
- the Staff Race Equality Network to provide a voice to colleagues from underrepresented and marginalised groups,
- the Carers’ Network to support colleagues with caring responsibilities,
- Room One Autism Hub to support colleagues who are neurodivergent
- the Armed Forces Support Network together with our Armed Forces Covenant pledge.
Even if you do not meet all the outlined criteria but believe you have a lot to bring to our organisation, we encourage you to apply. We welcome diverse experiences and skills. We know it is difficult but please try to avoid the confidence gap – you do not have to match all the listed criteria exactly to be considered for our roles.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments in support of your application by emailing email@example.com