Portsmouth City Council
Job typePart Time, Permanent
£20,512 - £22,223 Per Annum
29 May 2022
Portsmouth City Council
At Portsmouth City Council we’re all about developing our staff, because we want to build a bigger and better city but we need the best employees to do so.
With a little over 207,000 residents and 7,000 businesses throughout this city, this unitary authority’s main goal is to ensure the best care and development of all those within the city. From customer service to Multi-million pound projects, our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
Why work at Shearwater
Are you interested in people with dementia and want to help them to get the most out of life? Then we are looking for people like you who have the enthusiasm and passion to join our team. We provide person centred care to our clients and help to encourage independence as part of enabling them to make choices and live their own lives as much as they can and we encourage activity-based care.
Your New Role
Assisting the manager and deputy manager in ensuring that the Administrative Policies and Procedures are effectively organised and followed by staff
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining accurate accounting and budgetary control systems and produce reports for managers and banking monies regularly in accordance with Portsmouth City Council procedures
- Making income and payments of personal allowances and petty cash returns
- Preparing reconciled accounts for managers e.g., Imprest, Amenity
- Assisting with collation, maintain and develop filing systems
- Ordering and stock control of equipment and maintain the homes stationary
- Ensuring security of monies, confidential files and information, controlled stationary and personal belongings entrusted for safe keeping
- Contributing to Best value by working in an effective way, and to suggest and implement improved ways of working wherever possible
What you’ll need to succeed
- A relevant qualification in level 2 or 3 would be advantageous,
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, with the ability to organise own work and prioritise within deadlines and work within a team or on their own
- Previous experience of direct contact with members of the public and the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Experience of working in a financial environment including the payment of invoices, petty cash claims and monitoring budgets/reconciliation with excellent numeracy skills to process financial transactions.
- IT Skills, good use of Microsoft Office and accurate data input, knowledge of using Oracle Fusion would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of older people with dementia and their carers
What you’ll get in return
As well as highly competitive pay you’ll receive all the benefits of working within a local authority organisation, including flexible working hours, extensive wellbeing support through the Employee Assistance Programme and a fantastic pension which allows you the opportunity to pay in more for that greater return. We wish to support all our staffs development throughout, if that’s progression planning or involvement within the on the job apprenticeship scheme we will work together to drive your career. For those with families we have child care benefits as well as discounts with local businesses which can be enjoyed by all.
To make sure your application is above the rest, please review the “Job Profile” to ensure you application matches the requirements of the role.
Please ensure to complete the application in its entirety and add in comments to the Personal Statement section
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Adult Social Care encourage and support vaccination uptake across the service as this remains the best line of defence against COVID 19.