Administrative Assistant - Solent Infant School
Job typeTerm Time, Permanent
£18,562 - £18,948 (Full Time Equivalent)
20 October 2021
Closing Date: Noon Wednesday 20 October 2021
Interview Date(s): week beginning Monday 1 November, dates TBC
Job Start Date: As soon as possible, taking into account any relevant notice periods, which can be flexible
Salary: Pay Band 3 (FTE: £18562 – £18948, dependent on experience)
Contract: Permanent, term time plus one week
Hours of Work: 27.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm with half an hour for lunch
Would you like to be part of our friendly and busy school office team? This post helps to deliver a happy, caring and efficient administrative service to our school and wider community.
We are looking to appoint someone:
- with a friendly disposition, who is flexible and adaptable
- to be a welcoming and professional ambassador to our school
- who is a confident communicator both in person and on the phone
- enjoys working within a team
- will be dedicated to the needs of the school and most importantly, the children
- who has the ability to operate in a highly organised manner to cope with the demands of a busy school office where attention to detail and confidentiality are paramount
- has the ability to remain calm and work under pressure at times
- is self-motivated to multi task, prioritise and manage their work load without supervision
- has good IT skills with knowledge of microsoft word and excel
- previous experience of working in a school environment and knowledge of SIMS is desirable, but not essential
- who is committed to the security and safeguarding arrangements according to school policy
- with a good sense of humour
- who has Maths and English qualifications to at least level 2
In return we will offer:-
- A caring and positive environment inspired by our strong ethos
- A team committed to the wellbeing of staff and pupils
- The opportunity to work within a ‘good’ school amongst a hardworking team of friendly staff
- A supportive, friendly and welcoming school team
- Superb working conditions and environment
- Appropriate training as required
Please see the attached job description.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Solent Infant School on 023 9237 1073 to arrange an appointment time.
If you wish to apply for this post, then please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org . When returning your completed application please ensure you use the De Curci Trust application form. Please note we do not accept CV’s.
The Solent Schools and the De Curci Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS check at Enhanced level and any other background checks, including overseas checks, will be required prior to any offer of employment.