Attendance Officer - St Paul’s Catholic Primary School
Job typePart Time, Permanent
£19,198 - £20,409 (Full Time Equivalent)
24 September 2021
St Paul’s Catholic Primary School
17.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 0830-1200 term time + one week
Band 4 £19198-£20409 (full time equivalent)
Start date ASAP – interview date – TBC
We are seeking to appoint a pro-active, hardworking Attendance officer to achieve our school’s vision to improve outcomes through increasing and monitoring attendance. Knowledge of SIMS and previous experience of working in an educational establishment, would be an advantage as you will be expected to hit the ground running and deliver a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Advise and assist parents/ carers to maintain regular school attendance for their children
- Collect and analyse attendance data to enable identification and tracking of pupil attendance
- Implement strategies to promote good attendance and punctuality
- Monitor and track whole school attendance & punctuality and send out letters where appropriate
- Produce termly reports for the Headteacher and Governing Body on whole school attendance
- Develop and maintain links with parents and children
- Schedule and attend school based meetings with parents/ carers where necessary
- Produce paperwork to the Local Authority in order to issue Fixed Penalty Notices
- Ensure registers are completed in a timely manner
- Update attendance registers and contacting parents/ carers regarding lateness and absence
The Ideal Attendance Officer:
- Experience of working within a school office environment
- Experience using management systems such as SIMS and Studybugs
- Have a real passion for working within an education environment
- Have experience working as an Attendance Officer
- Be approachable, resourceful and have a flexible approach
- Have good interpersonal skills, capable of interacting well with students, parents and other staff members
- Have a good general level of education (A-C GCSE Maths and English)
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working for us and benefitting from working in an extremely friendly school with support from our dedicated staff and above all our wonderful children please apply today using the CES application form.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
St Paul’s Catholic Primary School and Portsmouth City Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Please forward completed application forms to – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are unable to accept CVs for this position.