Before School Care Assistant - St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School
Job typeTerm Time, Permanent
£18,948 - £20,159 (Full Time Equivalent)
27 September 2021
St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School is looking to recruit a before school care assistant to work at our oversubscribed ‘Good’ school.
Working hours will be: 7.15 am – 8.50 am, Monday – Friday, term time only
Contract/Hours: Permanent, 8 hours per week
Salary Details: Band 4, FTE £18,948 – £20,159, pro-rata £3,622 – £3,920
Required Start Date: 1st November 2021
Closing Date: 9 am Monday 27th September 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 29th September 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to become part of our wonderful school working within our extended services provision. The role involves assisting with play, setting up and facilitating a range of fun games and activities for the children and preparing a healthy breakfast.
- Assist the Headteacher with the day to day running of the provision, ensuring the service meets the care, play and education needs of all the children
- Receive and welcome each child to the club and ensure their safety and well-being
- Adminster first aid when required
- Be aware of medical conditions of the children in attendance
- Be pro-active in supporting a lively range of play and activities
- Provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment where the children want to be
- Follow relevant school policies and procedures, particularly ensuring compliance with health and safety
- Handle queries and problems following agreed procedure and policies to maintain a close and positive liaison with parents
The Successful Candidate will be:
- Level 2 or 3 qualified
- Dynamic and motivated
- A good communicator
- Enjoy being around children
- Be patient, cheerful and compassionate
- Have an ability to use their own initiative
- Eager to support children’s play
- Skilled in listening and responding to children
- First Aid and Food Hygiene trained or be willing to attend training funded by the school
In return we can offer:
A happy, friendly school with caring, well-behaved pupils and a committed and dedicated team of staff. We are lucky enough to have a fantastic learning environment. An embedded Christian ethos where love, respect and courage are at the heart of all we do
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please telephone the school office on 023 9282 9339 to arrange a visit or email email@example.com. Please apply using the application form and submit by email, or post to Sarah Bond, School Business Manager, St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School, Taswell Road, Southsea PO5 2RG.
PCC & St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level, and any other background checks, including overseas checks will be required prior to any offer of employment.
This advert is in no way exhaustive and we welcome queries about this post via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the telephone, 023.9282.9339.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As part of any recruitment process, St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Completing and sending an application in for a vacancy is your consent for us to process your data for the purpose of recruitment. Your data is not used in any other way and you can withdraw your consent at any point in the recruitment process and we will destroy or delete your information. For more detailed information on what we collect, how we use, store, delete data and your rights you can access a privacy statement on our web site.
You will need to demonstrate that you have a Right to Work in the UK. No post will be offered without it.
We would like to thank you in advance for your application however please note we will only contact those applicants shortlisted for interview.