BSL Learning Support Assistant Level 2 (Maternity cover) - Heathfield School
Job typeTerm Time, Fixed Term
£18,933 - £19,941 (Full Time Equivalent)
24 September 2021
BSL Learning Support Assistant Level 2 (Maternity cover)
Heathfield School Grade C Actual Salary: £13,468 – £14,185 (FTE £18,933 – £19,941)
Start Date: November 2021 30 hours per week term time only – Fixed Term until July 2021
Heathfield – Primary MLD
St Francis – All age (2 – 19) SLD
The Federation of Heathfield and St Francis Special Schools provides for pupils with a wide range of complex learning difficulties. These may include autistic spectrum disorder, mobility and health needs, communication or emotional and behavioural needs.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic person who has achieved British Sign Language level 1 (working towards BSL level 2) to work as a 1:1 for a pupil with a hearing impairment. The successful applicant will be required to work under the supervision/direction of the class teacher in supporting the pupil’s needs directly and indirectly.
We are looking for a practitioner who:
• has a positive, ‘can do’ attitude;
• has excellent interpersonal skills;
• has a calm and consistent approach;
• is able to motivate and inspire children’s learning;
• is flexible and creative, and willing to adapt the learning environment;
• can follow specific educational programmes;
• can work under own initiative where necessary;
• has a sympathetic understanding of children’s emotional needs; and
• will support children with personal care.
For further details and an application form, please visit our school website at www.heathfieldhants.co.uk.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Closing date: Friday, 24 September 2021 @ 12.00pm.
Interview date: TBC