Caretaker - The Harbour School
Job typeFull Time, Fixed Term
£18,055 - £18,785 Per Annum
23 September 2021
The Harbour School is looking to appoint the following position to start as soon as possible on a Fixed Term contract for one year.
Band: D (19,601 – £20,393)
Full Time: 37 hours a week
Term Time Plus: 42 weeks a year
Actual Salary: £18,055 – £18,785
This is an opportunity to join our enthusiastic, robust, resilient and committed professional team at The Harbour School in the role of Caretaker.
The Caretaker is responsible for the day-to-day security, maintenance and Health and Safety of our Campuses, to include;
- Develop a maintenance programme in conjunction with the Headteacher for the premises and its equipment, arranging for repairs to be carried out.
- Ensuring the premises are presented at all times in a clean, secure, safe and well maintained state.
- Ensure footpaths, car parks, shrubberies and paved areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Undertake day-to-day maintenance duties.
- Carry out checks on fire alarms, extinguishers, burglar alarms etc.
- Carry out checks on gullies, gutters, fall pipes and drainage systems to ensure they are free from blockages and arrange to clean when necessary.
- Take delivery of and carry out porterage duties for all School goods.
- Own transport and flexibility to move between Campuses is essential for this role.
The Harbour School is a special school for learners with SEMH (social, emotional and mental health needs).
For an application pack please email email@example.com quoting application request Caretaker.
The Harbour School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Closing date for receipt of applications: NOON on Thursday 23rd September 2021
Only direct applications will able considered. We will not consider or review any unsolicited third-party correspondence.