Casual - Music Teachers - Instrumental (Music Service)
Portsmouth City Council
Portsmouth Music Service
Job typeSessional, Casual
£19 - £29 Per Hour
12 September 2022
Casual – Music Teachers – Instrumental (Music Service) – Keyboard, Piano, String, Woodwind, Drum Kit, Guitar and Curriculum
Salary: Rate of pay is per hour. The rate of pay is linked to teachers’ pay scales and is determined by the experience and qualifications of the person appointed. The salary scale will be capped at Main Scale 6, however more experienced teachers may apply. Unqualified: (UQ1) £18.89 – £29.47 UQ6 per hour) Qualified: MRP1: £26.37 – £37.91 (MPR6) per hour)
The hourly rate for 1:1 – afterschool music centre teaching is £22.79
Hours per week: Casual, as and when required to be confirmed with schools and parents. This work is term-time only.
Please note that is a casual contract with no guaranteed hours. You will be working as and when required
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Every post is subject to PCC and Portsmouth Safeguarding Children’s Board safer recruitment procedures.
Portsmouth Music Service has an office base c/o Paulsgrove Community Centre, Marsden Road, Paulsgrove, Portsmouth, PO6 4JB
Your new role
Your responsibilities will include:
· teaching instrumental lessons to individuals, small groups and whole classes face to face or online, only if circumstances necessitate this
· planning and teaching lively and engaging lessons
· assessing pupils’ learning and progress
· recording and reporting on pupil progress as required
· developing and maintaining an effective relationship with the school
· maintaining good order among pupils with particular regard to their health and safety of the children
· participating in arrangements for training and professional development and keeping up to date with best practice in music education including appraisal
· following the policies and protocols of the Music Service and Portsmouth City Council at all times
· carrying out any other duties as may reasonably be required
· the postholder will be accountable to the Head of Portsmouth Music Service and line managed by a member of the Senior Leadership Team
What you’ll need to succeed
You will be an experienced, committed and effective teacher able to engage and enthuse children. You will be able to teach good instrumental technique teaching to individuals and small groups.
Please note that there is no closing date and applications will be shortlisted and interviewed as they come in.
To make sure your application is above the rest, please review the “Job Profile” and the “How to Apply” to ensure you application matches the requirements of the role.
Please ensure to complete the application in its entirety and add in comments to the Personal Statement section