Child Contact Services - The Roberts Centre
Job typePart Time, Permanent
£23,432 - £23,432 (Full Time Equivalent)
20 September 2021
An exciting opportunity have arisen within our Child Contact Centre here at The Roberts Centre based in Portsmouth due to an expansion of our current services.
Child Contact Services; – provided Wednesday – Saturday with some handovers on Mondays. This service provides children with a safe and enjoyable space to spend quality time with their non-resident parent or family member.
We are looking for committed, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who share our values and who have the passion to help us to improve the lives of children and families.
Salary: FTE £23,432 pro rata £2,375
- 1 Supported Contact Worker– Saturdays (one every other week)
- In addition, we are looking to increase our pool of Bank Staff – As needed
We are looking for staff to supervise visits between children and their absent family members. The ideal person needs to have or be working towards, a professional qualification within social care/health/childcare/education/youth work backgrounds, with excellent communication skills and/or the desire to train and learn.
You will be working as a team member, in a busy, demanding environment.
Ideally, you will have:
- A professional qualification or relevant experience e.g. Social care, Education, Health, NNEB/NVQ in Childcare, Child Contact, Youth or Parenting.
- A working knowledge of the Children’s Act
- A commitment to, and an understanding of Equality and Diversity issues
- An awareness of Safeguarding and the procedures to follow
- Experience of working with children and families
Successful applicant will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Disclosure (DBS). Disclosure expense will be met by The Roberts Centre.
If you would like to be considered for one of the above vacancies please state all those you are applying for on one application form.
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021
Assessments & Interviews: Wednesday 6th October 2021
Application packs are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or, by telephoning Lin Kitchener, HR Manager on 02392 296919
Please note, we do not accept CVs