Childcare Manager – New Horizons Primary School
Job typePart Time, Permanent
£7,446 - £8,380 (pro rata)
10 May 2021
Salary: TSAT D Grade £7,446 – £8,380 pro rata
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent, working hours are 15hrs per week 7:30am– 09:30am & 3pm – 6pm (Monday – Friday)
Term time + 10 days
Closing Date: Monday 10th May 2021
Interview Date: Monday 17th May 2021
We have an exciting opportunity to join our school as a Childcare Manager for our Coastguard Club. Our school is a happy and engaging environment for the children in our care; a place where we grow, play and learn safely together. We set high expectations in everything we do.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description
- Have high ambitions and be able to implement excellent planning and daily routines.
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in childcare
- Be an experienced practitioner who can work on their own initiative and motivate their team
- Be able to create a safe, calm and positive environment.
- Build and sustain effective professional relationships with parents and carers and their families.
- Assist with the supervision of our children during children led experiences both indoors and outdoors
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding your responsibilities
- Ensure effective and meaningful engagement takes place with staff at all levels, identity issues and deal with them consistently, appropriately and quickly.
- Be familiar with all emergency, lockdown and security procedures e.g. fire drill, dropping off and collecting routines.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of all information received
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth. We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances. Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- A vast support network from senior leaders and teachers within the school and our Trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support/ advice on a wide array of areas
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working with our school then please apply today, by visiting the Careers page of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust website:
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Kim Broadbent on 03333602160
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and Safeguarding training.