Clerk To Governors - Highbury Primary School
Job typeTerm Time, Permanent
£23,541 - £25,991 (Full Time Equivalent)
22 October 2021
Highbury Primary School, Portsmouth
Clerk To Governors
3 hrs per week/Term Time Only
Salary: Trust Grade 5 SCP 15-20 (FTE £23,541 – £25,991) pay award pending
Highbury Primary School is a very good school with a rich and vibrant school life, where children feel safe and happy. We are recruiting a new Clerk to the Governing Body of Highbury Primary School. The applicant will be required to attend up to 10 Local Governing Body (LGB) meetings per year. These currently take place on a Tuesday after school.
Our Clerk works closely with the Chair of Governors, Headteacher and Admin Staff to ensure the smooth running of the Governing Body. You will be paid 3 hours per week, term-time only.
In particular we are looking for an individual who is:
- organised and reliable, able to manage deadlines and keep accurate records
- self-motivated, able to work under your own initiative
- able to maintain confidentiality and comply with data protection legislation
- prior clerking experience in the education sector (desirable)
The role will include:
- preparing agendas for the LGB meetings in consultation with the Headteacher and the Chair of Governors
- taking accurate minutes at the meetings and ensuring that all supporting paperwork is distributed and filed accordingly
- providing professional and effective support and advice to the Academy’s Local Governing Body to ensure they meet their obligations in accordance with the University of Chichester Academy Trust, Academy and statutory requirements.
- providing procedural guidance
- respecting the confidentiality of the Governing Body
- being willing to undertake training where required (additional hours will be paid)
As the role is mostly home-based you will also need access to the internet and a computer (a laptop can be provided) and be able to travel to and from school easily. Whilst previous experience is desirable, this is not essential and training will be provided as required.
In return, you will find a rewarding role and be part of the University of Chichester Multi-Academy Trust offering added benefits and opportunities. Each of our academies has a unique identity, but a shared belief in creating a positive and enriching environment, where all staff feel valued.
For an application pack, please email email@example.com or telephone 02392 375404, and ask for Samantha Tindall, School Business Manager.
Closing Date: Noon Friday 22nd October 2021
Interview Date: TBC
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.