Clerk To The Trust Board - The Salterns Academy Trust
Job typePart Time, Permanent
£20 - £21 Per Hour
9 June 2022
CLERK TO THE TRUST BOARD (Home-based)
Salary: £20.52 per hour depending on experience
Hours: Approx. 10 hours per week, which are a mix of hours during the working week (daytime) and evening meetings (c 34 per year).
Candidate applications will be screened on receipt and applicants will be called for interview if their application is of interest. The vacancy will be withdrawn as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Start date: To be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The Salterns Academy Trust comprises two schools: Admiral Lord Nelson School (ALNS) and Trafalgar School and is based in Portsmouth.
We are seeking an experienced clerk to provide a professional, efficient, helpful, and knowledgeable clerking service to the Trust Board of Directors and its four committees. The role includes liaising with the Chair of the Trust Board, the Chairs of the relevant Committees, Directors, the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial and Operating Officer and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide advice on governance, constitutional and procedural matters
- Provide pro-active and efficient administrative support to the chairs and members of the Trust and its’ committees
- Provide professional and accurate minutes capturing support and challenge, as appropriate
- Ensure minutes are accurate and produced in a timely manner
- Ensure the Trust and Governing Bodies are properly constituted and provided with appropriate information in accordance with legal requirements
- Manage the annual cycle of meetings, maintaining a Forward Plan of agenda items and an Action Tracker
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of using virtual platforms for meetings would be helpful.
- Be highly motivated and able to use their own initiative.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be positive, well organised and energetic, with a good sense of humour.
Previous experience of working with an Academy Trust and/or School Board of Governors would be advantageous.
The Salterns Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks along with other relevant employment checks.