College Nurse - Highbury College
Job typeTerm Time, Permanent
£25,768 - £25,768 Per Annum
28 September 2021
City of Portsmouth College has been formed by the merger of Portsmouth College and Highbury College and was formally constituted on 1 August 2021.
The newly formed College will give students of all ages even greater flexibility with their programmes and access to dedicated subject facilities at the different campus locations. The joint organisation will also expand a uniquely flexible curriculum offer within the city of Portsmouth, comprising A Levels, vocational diplomas, apprenticeships, and higher education qualifications.
Over the coming academic year, Portsmouth College and Highbury College will retain their individual identities and will be unveiling the new City of Portsmouth College brand in September 2022. Candidates wishing to apply for vacancies should continue to do so via the relevant college website.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a College Nurse!
Job Title: College Nurse
Hours: 35 hours per week, 36 weeks per year (Term-Time Only)
Salary: Depending on Qualifications and Experience
Working Pattern: Monday – Friday (08.30am – 16.30pm)
Do you have the enthusiasm, drive, and ability to make a difference in an Amazing College?
Does your current role lack a challenge?
Do you want to work for a college with over 50 years of teaching and learning experience within a friendly and professional team of specialist experts?
The College Nurse is responsible to Head of Learning. A list of a few tasks and responsibility from this role: (Please download the JD for more information)
- To support students with medical needs such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, mobility, cardiac or mental health conditions. Mental health is a significant aspect of the role.
- To work closely with the College’s Human Resources department to help manage staff sickness at the College.
- To coordinate the communication of essential medical information between students and college staff during the transition prior to the students starting their studies.
- To contribute to the maintenance of a high retention rate by the provision of a high standard of support and information during this important period.
- To monitor the medications of students who self-administer prescribed medications
- To participate in the College’s Health & Safety Group.
- The completion and monitoring of student care plans
- To ensure that all medical information is accurately recorded on college systems such as MIS and that this information is maintained and reviewed on a regular basis.
- To work with colleagues to maintain the safe well-being of students whilst in the college environment.
- To give informed individualised advice to students and their parents/carers when required.
- To identify any potential safeguarding issues and refer to the appropriate member of staff within the college.
- Give evidence-based support to uphold any referrals to outer agencies.
- To support teaching staff to identify an early deterioration in a student’s physical, mental, emotional well-being with a view of sustaining a high level of attendance and a positive outcome.
You will need to be a Registered Nurse (Current Registration with NMC) and First Aid at Work Qualified
What we can offer you:
- You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
- Competitive market rate salary
- A Local Government Pension
- A canteen, hair and beauty salon and childcare nursery
- A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Student Discount (NUS, Unidays, Student Beans)
Highbury College also offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Employee Assistance Programme
So, if you think you have the technical skills, experience, and passion? Then come and join an ‘Amazing College with Amazing Staff’ and drive your career forward ‘The Highbury Way’.
Only applicants through our website will be accepted. To apply for the role please download the Highbury College application form on our website. CV’s alone not be accepted!
Please note: If you require any assistance with the completion of your application, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, only applicants being actively considered for this job opening will be contacted for further discussions. We encourage you to visit our web site https://www.highbury.ac.uk/about/jobs/ regularly for new job openings.
Highbury College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org