Health Care Teaching Assistant - St George's Beneficial C of E Primary School
Job typeTerm Time, Fixed Term
£11,350 - £12,075 Per Annum
18 October 2021
St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School is a small, friendly community school where every child is valued. We are located in the heart of Portsea and support 330 children from nursery through to year 6 who are all from diverse backgrounds.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, experienced Education Health Care Teaching Assistant, to work with a nursery child in our early years foundation stage who has medical needs. The start date for this position is as soon as possible.
You must be flexible, adaptive and willing to work in partnership with class teachers and senior leaders in order to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all pupils.
Ideal candidates will:
- Working knowledge of medical procedures in supporting individuals with complex needs, e.g. tracheotomy
- Experience in supporting play skills.
- Experience in cleaning the medical equipment including tent throughout the nursery session.
- General awareness of the current Special Educational needs and disability Code of Practice
- Previous experience of working in a school or supporting children’s learning and development
- Have GCSE Maths and English at Grade C and above or equivalent
- Hold a first aid qualification or be prepared to attend training.
- Be committed to the school’s ethos – skills, goals, belief, success.
- A team player who is also able to work individually.
- Have a firm commitment to providing the very best outcomes for our pupils.
The post is for initially for 15 hours per week either afternoons or 2 and half days, Monday to Friday, term time only and is fixed term until 31st August 2022 (extension possible)
Salary is at pay band 4 point 4-6 FTE £18,948 – £20,159 – actual salary based £6810.05 – £7245.30 on 15 hours per week. The hours will increase as the child goes through school and from September 2022 will be 25 hours per week. Actual Salary for 25 hours per week £11350.08 – £12075.50.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th October 2021 at 12 noon and interviews will be held week beginning 18th October 2021.
Please contact Victoria Dring by email on email@example.com for an application pack and for more information.
St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosure at enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.