Governance Officer - The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£33,820 - £33,820
19 October 2021
Primary Location: Portsmouth – Hybrid role of office based and working from home
Contract: Full time with working hours adapted to fit governance meetings (flexibility with term time only or all year round)
Salary: £33,820 per annum
Closing date: 19/10/21
We are looking for a Governance Officer to provide an efficient and helpful clerking & governance administration service to the TSAT governing Boards and Committees. You will lead on providing governors with access to suitable induction, training and advice throughout their time with us. You will report to the Head of Governance & Compliance and work closely with our Directors of Education and Chairs of Boards.
Travelling is required within Portsmouth and very occasionally to Kent, therefore a full driving license is required.
What you will need to succeed:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- Ability to take accurate minutes of governance meetings, capturing support and challenge as appropriate
- Administer and recruit appropriately skilled governors, personally supporting their induction and training throughout their role. Ensuring accessible and professional induction, training and policies for governors
- Offer advice and support to school based clerks within the Trust and act as line manager to Clerk to the Regional Governing Body
- Work accurately with attention to detail and good organisation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Travelling where required to our schools in Portsmouth with very occasional travel to Kent
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a large organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size.
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and pro rata annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our friendly Trust at the start of a new and exciting time, then please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role in more detail please contact Simon Arnold via email – email@example.com
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site, please submit an application via Microsoft Forms : The Thinking Schools Academy Trust Application Form (Page 1 of 8) (office.com)
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please join our Talent Pool : The Thinking Schools Academy Trust – Talent Pool (office.com)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check