Green & Clean Resource Controller
Portsmouth City Council
Port Royal Street Housing Depot
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£20,512 - £22,223 Per Annum
19 October 2022
37 hours per week Monday – Friday (rotating shifts covering hours within 07:30 – 17:00)
The services that operate from the Housing Depot include but are not limited to the removal and disposal of bulk, green waste and trolleys from the estate, jet-washing, window cleaning using long-reach poles, bin cleaning as well as resourcing the Estate Service Officers. The primary role of the Green & Clean service is the cleaning and gardening of all communal housing areas. Our purpose is “to help keep the city safe, clean and tidy and provide advice/support when needed”.
Why work for us?
• Make a difference to your community
• Join a large and dynamic organisation
• No weekend or bank holiday working
What is the role?
- · Being the first point of contact for an entire team, including some lone-workers, and you will need to be able to respond in a timely, appropriate and supportive manner to queries you receive.
- · Allocating jobs to multiple resources to ensure work is prioritised in the required manner.
- · Recording the high volume of demand that the Green & Clean team receive onto a database.
- · Using the data from our computer systems to further your local knowledge about our housing estates in order to decide where to allocate resources.
- · You must have a good understanding of health and safety legislation, service specific rules and risk assessments.
- · You will need to have a strong focus on promoting health and safety, which will include managing staff’s lone-working and ensuring safe methods of work.
Please see the job profile attached for all details of the role.
Who is the person?
- · To be able to work well under pressure, as you will be managing a high volume of calls.
- · To be a good listener and capture information concisely & accurately.
- · To be able to communicate effectively over the phone and face-to-face to support the team in meeting the Green & Clean purpose.
- · To be a motivated, hard-working and conscientious individual who is able to use initiative when necessary and take pride in the work.
- · To be a confident and calm person who is able to be diplomatic in challenging situations.
- · To be able to make good decisions, take responsibility for actions and learn from any mistakes made.
- · To be flexible and able to adapt to changing work situations.
- · To be an honest person with a positive attitude and good work ethic.
- · To have good IT skills, including experience using databases and Microsoft Office suite.
When completing the application form, please thoroughly tailor your application to the ‘Who is the Person’ points with the use of examples from your experience. This is really important or you are likely not to be shortlisted. The full job profile is attached.