Learning Support Assistant (Level 2) - St Francis School
Job typeTerm Time, Permanent
£18,933 - £19,941 (Full Time Equivalent)
31 January 2022
Learning Support Assistant Level 2 – Grade C St Francis School Grade C Actual Salary: £13,468 – £14,371 (FTE £18,933 – £19,941) pay award pending
30 hours per week, term time only
St Francis – All age (2 – 19) SLD
The Federation of Heathfield and St Francis Special Schools provides for pupils with a wide range of complex learning difficulties. These may include autistic spectrum disorder, mobility and health needs, communication or emotional and behavioural needs.
We are at an exciting time in our partnership and we are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and experienced Learning Support Assistants with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude, who will have a commitment and passion to work with pupils with a wide and diverse range of SEN. We have vacancies across all age ranges, including and Post 16.
We are looking for a practitioner who:
• has some experience of leading groups or classes in the absence of the teacher;
• has excellent interpersonal skills;
• has a calm and consistent approach;
• is able to motivate and inspire children’s learning;
• is flexible and creative, and willing to adapt the learning environment;
• can follow specific educational programmes;
• can work under own initiative where necessary;
• has a sympathetic understanding of children’s emotional needs; and
• will support children with personal care.
Relevant qualifications or experience with children with learning difficulties is desirable, however full training will be provided.
For further details and an application form, please visit our school website at www.stfrancisshants.co.uk
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Closing date: Monday, 31st January 2022 @ 12.00pm. Interview date: TBC