Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant - Manor Infant School and Nursery
Job typePart Time, Fixed Term
£17,943 - £17,943 (Full Time Equivalent)
21 June 2021
Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant 1 – 2
Band 1 (Pay band salary Full Time Equivalent £17,943
8.33 hours per week (Hours to be discussed)
Start Date: Thursday 2nd September 2021
Closing Date: Monday 21st June 2021
Interview Date: Friday 25th June 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant at Manor Infant School.
We are looking to appoint a Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant with lots of initiative and excellent communication skills, to join our friendly, forward-thinking and supportive team. You will be an enthusiastic, highly motivated and hard working person and will work alongside the rest of the lunchtime team. You will be required to support a child with specific needs.
Our children are lovely, friendly, caring and well behaved. Experience of working with children who have specific learning needs would be desirable, although not essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to use/ learn to use Makaton / sign language
- Assist pupils with eating their lunch
- Encourage social play
- Be able to support intimate care if needed
- Supervise pupils during lunchtime
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated, creative and able to use their initiative.
- Be committed to working as part of a team in order to support the needs of the children.
- Be organised, efficient and professional in their approach and have good interpersonal skills.
- Be caring, understanding and patient.
- Have good behaviour management skills.
- Be willing, at times, to go above and beyond to ensure our children receive the very best!
This will initially be a fixed term contract until August 2022, although may be extended beyond this period, or become permanent.
Please contact Mrs Catharine Guntert, Finance Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Manor Infant School website: Manor Infant School Portsmouth – Welcome to our website for more information.