Mobile Facilities Officer – The Portsmouth Academy
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£26,697 - £31,586 Per Annum
5 September 2022
Mobile Facilities Officer – Based at The Portsmouth Academy
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 3, £26,697.06 – £31,586.49 includes 17% shift allowance – Please note this is subject to agreement in line with September 2022 salary increases but the amounts shown are a minimum of what you will earn and if any changes are made they will be increases on the amount shown.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 37 hours per week, Full-time
Closing Date: 05/09/2022
Thinking Facilities are looking for a Mobile Facilities Officer to assist the Facilities Manager with overseeing the day-to-day tasks across the Trust Schools in Portsmouth. Your primary location will be based at The Portsmouth Academy, however you will be required to travel between any of our Primary or Secondary Schools in the Portsmouth area.
You will be a responsible person and competent in all aspects of site maintenance. It is imperative that our Site Team successfully manage our school premises and associated facilities, ensuring that the premises are secure, safe and well-maintained at all times to reflect the standards of education and behaviour within the school.
- Week 1 Monday to Friday 0630-1430
- Week 2 Monday and Friday 0730- 1530. Saturday and Sunday 0700-1500
- Week 3 Monday to Friday 1400-2200
What you will need to succeed:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- Previous experience as a caretaker or similar
- Practical skills in maintenance and cleaning
- Experience of managing Health & Safety
- Experience of working within an Academy/School is desirable.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Driving is desirable but not essential.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Click Here To view our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme
- A pro-rata annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
- A competitive salary
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the schools and the Central Trust team
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working for our Trust in our Facilities Team, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site, please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please click here to join our Talent Pool.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.