Nursery Nurse - Portsdown Primary School and Early Years
Job typePart Time, Permanent
£12,371 - £12,371 Per Annum
21 October 2021
Nursery Nurse Band 4
27.25 hours per week (Hours to be discussed)
Actual salary £12,371
Start Date: ASAP
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Nursery Nurse to be part of the Nursery Department at Portsdown Primary School and Early Years. We are located in Cosham, Portsmouth just a stone’s throw away from QA Hospital.
We are looking to appoint a Nursery Nurse with lots of initiative and excellent communication skills, to join our friendly, forward-thinking and supportive team. You will be an enthusiastic, highly motivated and hard working person and will work alongside the rest of the Nursery team.
Our children come from a range of backgrounds, they are lovely, friendly, keen to learn and caring. Our children thrive on solid relationships so consistent attendance is vital.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with children within the Early Years and be committed to supporting all children’s learning.
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated, creative and able to use their own initiative.
- Be committed to working as part of a team in order to plan and deliver a broad curriculum.
- Be organised, efficient and professional in their approach and have good interpersonal skills.
- Be caring, understanding, nurturing and patient.
- Encourage social play
- Have NVQ 3 or equivalent in working with children or Early Years Care and Education.
- Have good behaviour management skills.
- Be passionate about developing young child to achieve their best.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 21st October 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 3rd November
Portsdown Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Please use the online application form to apply and email it back to email@example.com