Nursing Assistant – Nights - St Ronans Care Home
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£18,915 - £18,915 Per Annum
3 June 2022
Job Details: Nursing Assistant – Nights
Home: St Ronans Care Home
Salary: Basic £18,915 per annum with weekend, bank holiday enhancements, overtime bonus and paid breaks
Job Type: Permanent
Job Hours: Full-time nights
Job Hours/Type Notes: All candidates must have a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure and Adult First (we will support your application process)
Join our dedicated and professional team, and make a real difference to people’s lives
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our caring and professional team, dedicated to caring for the 46 residents of St Ronans Nursing Home. St Ronans invests in, and values its staff. We all work together to ensure our residents enjoy full and happy lives.
Who are we?
St Ronans Nursing Home is a family run nursing home based in Southsea. Our vision is to look after our residents and staff like they’re one of the family and this guides everything we do. We provide personal and nursing care and we specialise in care for the elderly – including supporting people with dementia, and palliative care.
What is the job?
As a nursing assistant at St Ronans you are at the forefront of providing excellent care for our residents. Your job is to help residents with any practical tasks they cannot complete themselves, or may need support with. You will provide vital emotional support to residents too – by getting to know them, keeping them company and talking with them daily. St Ronans will fully support you in your role – providing you with a comprehensive package of induction and ongoing training, and you will join a team that values everyone as an individual.
The main responsibilities are (note this list summarises main responsibilities and is not exhaustive):
- To support residents to live as independent lives as possible, in line with their needs, wishes and preferences.
- To provide outstanding care for residents.
- To ensure, maintain and protect residents’ privacy and dignity at all times.
- To provide emotional support for residents.
- To respond to residents’ and St Ronans changing needs in a positive way.
- To maintain a professional and friendly attitude to all other staff at all times and work as a positive member of the St Ronans team.
- To follow the policies and procedures of St Ronans at all times.
- To be an outstanding ambassador for St Ronans by embodying the company’s values with all internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining a culture of openness and transparency.
All staff receive a complete and comprehensive induction and will be well supported throughout their employment. We are committed to investing in our staff, developing your skills and assisting you to progress in your career should you wish to do so.
Applicants must be committed to providing quality person-centred care as well as being committed to continual training and self-development and always be wearing a smile!
How to apply
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 92733359 for a job description and application pack.