Nursing Assistant - St Ronans Care Home
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£17,745 - £17,745 (Full Time Equivalent)
21 October 2021
Job Details: Nursing Assistant
Home: St Ronans Care Home
Salary: Basic £17,745 per annum (Full time equivalent) with weekend and bank holiday enhancements
Job Type: Permanent
Job Hours: Full-time days with occasional nights
Job Hours/Type Notes: All candidates must have a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure and Adult First requested.
Thinking of a Career in Care of the Elderly?
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our dedicated and caring professional team. St Ronans invests in, and values its staff. We all work together to ensure our residents enjoy a full and happy life.
Who are we?
St Ronans was established over 20 years ago and has been well-led by the same management team since 2001. The Home has been refurbished and extended and now accommodates 46 residents. We provide both personal and nursing care, specialising in dementia and palliative care. We offer reablement and convalescent, long term and respite, palliative and end of life care.
What is the job?
As a nursing assistant you are at the forefront of providing outstanding care for St Ronans’ residents. Your job is to help residents with any practical tasks they cannot manage themselves or may need encouragement to complete independently. You will provide emotional support to residents by keeping them company, getting to know them and talking to them on a regular basis. And you will work as a member of the St Ronans team, contributing positively to all aspects of day to day life in the home.
The main responsibilities are (note this list summarises main responsibilities and is not exhaustive)
- To support residents to live as independent lives as possible, in line with their needs, wishes and preferences.
- To provide outstanding care for residents.
- To ensure, maintain and protect the residents’ privacy and dignity; to encourage residents to remain as independent as possible.
- To provide emotional support for residents.
- To respond to residents’ and St Ronans changing needs in a positive way.
- To maintain a professional and friendly attitude to all other staff at all times and work as a positive member of the St Ronans team.
- To follow the policies and procedures of St Ronans at all times.
- To be an outstanding ambassador for St Ronans by embodying the company’s values with all internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining a culture of openness and transparency.
All staff receive a complete and comprehensive induction and will be well supported throughout their employment. We are committed to investing in our staff, development of your skills and career progression is at the heart of our highly commended staff development system.
Applicants must be committed to providing quality person-centred care as well as being committed to continual training and self-development and always be wearing a smile!
How to apply
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 92733359 for a job description and application pack.