Occupational Therapist (Main/Senior grade)
Portsmouth City Council
Civic Offices Guildhall Walk Portsmouth
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£32,797 - £40,578 Per Annum
5 June 2022
Portsmouth City Council
At Portsmouth City Council we’re all about developing our staff, because we want to build a bigger and better city but we need the best employees to do so.
With a little over 207,000 residents and 7,000 businesses throughout this city, this unitary authority’s main goal is to ensure the best care and development of all those within the city. From customer service to Multi-million pound projects, our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
The Community Occupational Therapy service works across the city of Portsmouth in co-located health and social care teams for Older People and Adults with Physical or Sensory Impairments. This is a city-wide post.
The service is based in Adult Social Care, where our statement of purpose is ‘Help me, when need it, to live the life I want to live’. We are ambitious in our plans to deliver innovative and effective services that put the customer at the centre of what we do. We are committed to working flexibly and creatively to help people live the lives they want to live. Leaders and staff at all levels work, to study, redesign, and continuously improve our ability to deliver our purpose.
Our Aim is to assist people of all ages with physical, mental and social impairment to optimise their functional independence and quality of life and for them to be able to participate as active and equal citizens retaining maximum dignity and respect.
Your New Role
In this role you will:
· Work primarily with disabled people and their carer’s in their own homes, assessing needs and implementing agreed action plans to facilitate choice and control in their lives and enable participation in the community.
· Be assessing, advising on, and adapting methods of carrying out daily activities to support individuals in managing their disability and promoting independent living and Wellbeing.
· Use assistive technologies and design and construction methods to improve, restore and attain occupational performance.
· Provide support and advice to clients and their families/carers in their adjustment to disability and long-term conditions.
· Work independently and be responsible for managing your own caseload and maintaining case records within an environment offering a high level of supervision and support.
· Be fully conversant with statutory legislation and guidance and demonstrate that you implement this in your day-to-day practice and have substantial experience as a practitioner.
What you’ll need to succeed
This post is open to both newly qualified and highly experienced Occupational Therapist
Please see the Job Profiles attached to this advert for more details of the job roles and person specifications for the Main Grade Occupational Therapist and Senior Occupational Therapist roles:
What you’ll get in return
As well as highly competitive pay you’ll receive all the benefits of working within a local authority organisation, including flexible working hours, extensive wellbeing support through the Employee Assistance Programme and a fantastic pension which allows you the opportunity to pay in more for that greater return. We wish to support all our staffs development throughout, if that’s progression planning or involvement within the on the job apprenticeship scheme we will work together to drive your career. For those with families we have child care benefits as well as discounts with local businesses which can be enjoyed by all.
To make sure your application is above the rest, please review the “Job Profile” to ensure you application matches the requirements of the role.
Please ensure to complete the application in its entirety and add in comments to the Personal Statement section
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Adult Social Care encourage and support vaccination uptake across the service as this remains the best line of defence against COVID 19.