Operational Security Support Officer (Days)
Portsmouth City Council
Civic Offices Guildhall Walk Portsmouth
Job typeFull Time, Fixed Term
£18,948 - £20,159 Per Annum
31 October 2021
Fixed Term Contract/Secondment until 1st April 2022
Salary: Band 4 – £18,948 – £20,159 p.a. plus 17% shift allowance
39.5 hours per week (exact hours to be discussed)
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
What is the role?
- Managed by the Operations Manager, you will be part of the Security Team based at Civic Offices.
- You will be working with minimal supervision however following clear guidelines in the Security Handbook and use of Force Policy.
- Customer Service is the key function of the role. Working in reception assisting customers with their enquiry’s and providing staff and customers with reassurance if anti-Social behaviour occurs and operate within SIA guidelines to manage customers safely where needed.
Who is the person?
You will need to:
- Enjoy being part of a service that provides excellent customer Service
- To be of smart appearance/ A uniform is provided
- You must have experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Be able to convey information to meet the needs of our customers positively and clearly. The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Work alongside the social care teams to provide a safe working environment for staff and customers.
- Be able to diffuse Anti-Social behaviour should it occur in the reception and work in accordance with both Use of Force Policy and SIA guidelines this includes the wearing of PPE.
- Manage the goods inwards deliveries and record with delivery log.
- Carry out the delivery of paper and disposal of confidential waste across the civic offices as and when required.
There is no closing date – we will shortlist as the advert goes along. We may close the advert early if we receive enough suitable applications
When completing the application form, please thoroughly tailor your application to the ‘Who is the Person’ points with the use of examples from your experience or transferable skills. Applicants will be shortlisted based on their ability to use good examples illustrating what they have done, why they have done it and how they went about it. The full job profile is attached.