Primary Class Teacher - Ark Ayrton Primary Academy
Job typeFull Time, Fixed Term
£26,356 - £43,202
13 May 2021
Primary Class Teacher (Fixed Term)
Location: Ark Ayrton Primary Academy
Salary From: £26,356
Salary To: £43,202 depending upon experience
Location: Somers Road, Southsea, PO5 4LS
Contract: Fixed Term for 1 year
Salary: £26,356 to £43,202 (dependent on skills and experience)
Start date: September 2021
Interview dates: Arranged as suitable candidates are identified
Closing date: Wednesday 13th May 2021
The children of Ark Ayrton Primary Academy are looking for another Great Teacher to join our amazing school team. Please click on the link below and let them show you around. http://arkayrtonprimary.org/vacancies/why-work-us-0
Ark is a fast-growing education charity committed to giving every child, regardless of their background, the chance to succeed in the career or university of their choice.
Our highly-successful network of 38 schools educates over 27,500 students across Portsmouth, Hastings, Birmingham and London. They are achieving some of the best results in the country despite being largely in areas of historic academic underachievement.
Ark Ayrton Primary School and Ark Ayrton Nursery is a popular school in the heart of Portsmouth. It has been graded as ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted and as part of the Ark network of schools, we are committed to making sure that every child has access to a great education and real choices in life.
At Ark Ayrton, we support all teachers to be great teachers and to ensure that they provide an outstanding education for all of our children. The successful post holder will:
Uphold and demonstrate the vision and ethos of the Academy at all times
- Provide a nurturing and stimulating classroom environment for children, where all can thrive
- To take ownership of own development and support the development of others
- To plan and teach effective lessons that engage, motivate and inspire children to achieve
- Regularly assess children and be accountable for their progress and attainment
- Communicate effectively with parents and other stake holders
- To undertake various responsibilities as directed by the Headteacher
We can offer you:
- Great coaching programme, which is supportive and will develop you to be outstanding!
- Opportunities to visit other practises and learn from a variety of practitioners
- Supportive network of staff around you
- Additional PPA on top of your Statutory allowance for all teaching staff
- Sociable and friendly staff with regular staff socials
- CPD opportunities through the Art Network
- Creative curriculum to engage and motivate children
- Amazing children who are eager to learn, caring and kind
- A chance to make a difference
- A well-resourced school that provides children with an opportunity to excel in all curriculum areas
- Dedicated Pastoral team to provide an additional layer of support for children.
- For Newly Qualified Teachers, we can also offer you an in-depth support programme and experienced mentor
- To apply please click on the apply now link to complete an online application. Please see the full job description and person specification below:
Please contact Sophie Bennett-Acres on 023 9282 4828 if you have any questions regarding this opportunity. If you have any queries relating to your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org