Recovery Worker - The Society of St James (SSJ)
Job typeFull Time, Fixed Term
£18,738 - £19,561
10 May 2021
Portsmouth Recovery Housing
Salary Scale: 16-18 per annum
(£18,738 – £19,561)
Fixed Term (March 2022), 37hrs per week
The Society wishes to recruit a Housing Recovery Worker to join the team delivering the supported housing within the Integrated Recovery Services in Portsmouth. You will be required to work across all of the housing within the service.
You will need to have experience and knowledge of the needs of vulnerable people with histories of homelessness, severe alcohol dependency and mental health problems.
You will be required to work a rota that includes late evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Previous experience within a similar role is desirable, but not essential.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Experience of working with people with histories of homelessness, mental health problems and substance misuse.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and challenging behaviour.
- Understanding of the effects of alcohol and substance use on mental health.
- Understanding of equality and diversity, with respect to staff and clients.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and protection procedures and protocols for vulnerable adults.
- Ability to listen, consult and communicate effectively with clients.
- Ability to carry out risk assessments and actively manage risks presented by clients.
- A Gold Investors in People Employer
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Flexible working options
- Buying additional annual leave
- Comprehensive induction and training
- Counselling, financial, personal support and health and well-being services via our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted laptops and computers with Jamie’s Computers
Please note that we cannot accept CVs for any of our vacancies nor do we accept applications from recruitment agencies and instead ask you to please visit our recruitment page https://ssj.org.uk/work-for-us/.
Your application needs to be completed before the closing date and time. Any applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 10 days of the closing date please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date: 10th May 2021
The Society of St James (SSJ) delivers high impact, person-centred, accommodation services to
people experiencing homelessness, substance misuse and mental health problems. The people we
support are at the heart of everything we do, our main aim and priority is to find people with values,
behaviours and attitudes to match our own.