Rehabilitation & Reablement Assistant
Portsmouth City Council
Civic Offices Guildhall Walk Portsmouth
Job typePart Time, Permanent
£18,948 - £20,159 Per Annum
1 August 2021
Portsmouth City Council
At Portsmouth City Council we’re all about developing our staff, because we want to build a bigger and better city but we need the best employees to do so.
With a little over 207,000 residents and 7,000 businesses throughout this city, this unitary authority’s main goal is to ensure the best care and development of all those within the city. From customer service to Multi-million pound projects, our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
Your New Role
- To assist service users to meet their social and physical rehabilitation goals working to individual care and rehab plans.
- To enable service users to achieve skills for independent living i.e. household tasks, shopping, cooking, interpersonal skills and personal care, which may involve moving and handling.
- To assist with the administration of medication
- To work with the support and guidance of Therapy and Social work staff to provide one on one rehab programmes with clients.
- To provide group activity and therapy programmes on the Unit.
- To report promptly and discuss significant changes in service users to appropriate professionals.
- To maintain confidential, legible and accurate records including admission assessments, care plans, weekly client reviews and accident reports.
- To attend regular training, supervision sessions and participate in staff meetings.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Have the required level of literacy and numeracy to enable you to accurately report and record service user records.
- Have an understanding of the needs of the older people and people with physical disabilities, promoting and supporting individuals’ rights and choices.
- Have the ability to be patient and to sensitively assist service users to maintain their independence.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Be able to offer social and emotional support.
- Be flexible and able to adjust to the ever changing client needs.
- Be able to work as an effective team member of the service.
- Working on a 2 week rota including every other weekend and bank holiday working.
- Be physically fit enough to be able to provide personal care and manual handling to older people and people with physical disabilities.
- To be able to maintain the safety of the unit at nights with supervision from shift lead.
What you’ll get in return
As well as highly competitive pay you’ll receive all the benefits of working within a local authority organisation, which ranges from flexible working hours to a fantastic pension which allows you the opportunity to pay in more for that greater return. We wish to support all our staffs development throughout, if that’s progression planning or involvement within the on the job apprenticeship scheme we will work together to drive your career. For those with families we have child care benefits as well as discounts with local businesses which can be enjoyed by all.
To make sure your application is above the rest, please review the “Job Profile” to ensure you application matches the requirements of the role.
Please review the requirements for the role and in the personal statement/cover letter section please address these requirements outlining how you meet these points.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
We will interview suitable applicants as they apply.