Portsmouth City Council
Civic Offices Guildhall Walk Portsmouth
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£21,841 - £25,481 Per Annum
4 August 2021
Research and engagement with our residents and stakeholders is at the heart of Portsmouth City Council’s approach to marketing, communications and engagement, digital customer experience and customer services.
If you are proactive, with a keen eye for detail and want to use your skills to support the research and engagement team to take the council forwards, we want to hear from you.
What is the role
Reporting to a research and engagement officer, you will work as a member of the Research and Engagement Team responsible for supporting the council’s priorities through research and consultation. You will work closely with officers in the research and engagement and communication teams, overseeing the development of research outputs on the PCC consultation website to ensure our research is open and accessible to all. Your role will also consist of occasionally supporting the team with the collection and interpretation of data.
Who is the person
You need to:
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to interpret research findings and produce outputs that are suitable for publication.
- Be educated to degree level or have relevant work experience as this post will require you to have good understanding of research.
- Be proactive with the ability to use your own initiative and be solution focussed.
- Have good communication skills to enable you to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues to support accurate and robust data collection. You may be required to engage with members of the public (including face to face) during research field work.
- Have good report writing skills in order to oversee the development of research outputs on Portsmouth City Council’s consultation website.
- Have experience in using Excel to manipulate, analyse and present data.
- Have an eye for detail to help with the quality assurance of research outputs.
- Be able to organise and manage your workload to meet your deadlines.
- Be flexible and adaptable to enable you to respond to business needs.
- Have a commitment to equal opportunities and continuous personal development.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange an informal chat about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What you’ll get in return
As well as highly competitive pay you’ll receive all the benefits of working within a local authority organisation, which ranges from flexible working hours to a fantastic pension which allows you the opportunity to pay in more for that greater return. We wish to support all our staffs development throughout, if that’s progression planning or involvement within the on the job apprenticeship scheme we will work together to drive your career. For those with families we have child care benefits as well as discounts with local businesses which can be enjoyed by all.
To make sure your application is above the rest, please review the “Job Profile” to ensure you application matches the requirements of the role.
Please ensure to complete the application in its entirety and add in comments to the Personal Statement section
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Closing time/date: 11:59pm on Wednesday 4 August 2021.
Applications received after this may not be considered.
Interviews will be held on w/b Monday 9 August 2021.