School Crossing Patrol Officer
Portsmouth City Council
Civic Offices Guildhall Walk Portsmouth
Job typeTerm Time, Casual
£18,887 - £19,280 Pro Rata
31 December 2022
10 hours per week (Term time only)
Portsmouth Local Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
What is the job?
You will ensure that children and other pedestrians cross the road safely at the designated crossing point. You will be working in all weather conditions which can include the cold, wet, snow and heat. It is a legal requirement to wear a uniform and use equipment provided for your own safety.
Who are we looking for?
You need to:
· Have an awareness of potential hazards when working on or near roads.
· Have good communication skills as you will be liaising with children and adults of all levels.
· Ability to demonstrate good time keeping.
· Have the ability to use your own initiative and think on your feet as you will be unsupervised for the majority of the time.
· Have the ability to remain professional within the role.
· Have an awareness of safeguarding.
· Have the ability to work in all weather conditions and be on your feet for up to an hour at a time (twice a day) and be able to move on to and off the road.
· You must be able to hold in one hand a SCP sign weighing up to 2 kilos up to arm’s length and above.
· Be committed to term time only working (no leave to be taken during these periods).
· Be able to attend and participate in training and/or development events as required to receive updates to School Crossing Patrol policy and procedures.
How can you apply?
You will need to complete the online application form if you are interested in applying.
Please ensure you provide all information required otherwise you may not be considered.
Please complete the online application form to its fullest, providing 2 referees, your work history and why you’d like this role.
Apply by email
However if you would prefer, please complete the paper based application form attached then email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring the reference number and the post title are in the subject box – this will ensure your application is sent to the correct manager as quickly as possible, we receive 1000’s of applications and do not always have the resource to investigate an application that is not clearly marked.
Apply by post
If you require to send your application by post, please send to Recruitment, Portsmouth City Council, Floor 1, Core 5, Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth, PO1 2EP.