SENDCo - Ark Dickens Primary Academy
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£28,625 - £43,999
23 April 2021
SENDCO – Ark Dickens Primary Academy
Join a dedicated team of staff at Ark Dickens Primary Academy
Required September 2021
We are looking for an inspirational SENDCO to further develop SEN within the school and join our highly committed team.
Do you have a passion for working with children in a school environment? Do you want to join a fast growing organisation with excellent opportunities for development and professional growth? Ark Dickens Primary Academy in Portsmouth is a two-form entry primary academy, which became part of the Ark network in September 2014.
We aspire for all our children to have the academic knowledge necessary to enable them to progress to university. We want our pupils to have a love of learning and curiosity about the world, and for them to be polite, well-mannered young people who take responsibility for their choices and drive their own destinies.
We have a strong and clear vision with an engaging curriculum which develops and celebrates the potential of each child.
Our network shares a belief in our six pillars:
High expectations: we have high expectations of ourselves and for what our children can achieve
Excellent teaching: great teaching is what transforms children’s attainment and opens door for the future.
Exemplary behaviour: children can and should be taught to behave well, following instructions first time, every time, without question.
Depth for breadth: with a curriculum that encompasses the best of what has been thought and said ensuring our pupils have the knowledge and cultural capital to thrive in the classroom and beyond.
Knowing every child: we get to know and care deeply about each of our pupils as individuals.
Always learning: we expect pupils to always learn, but also for our staff to continually develop their professional expertise, supported by Ark’s broad professional development offer.
Candidates should have:-
- Qualified Teacher with 5 years or more teaching experience
- The National Award for SEN Co-ordination
- Experience of working with children with Special Needs
- Thorough knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
- The ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEND children
- Skilful in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs – SEND, LAC, Pupil Premium, EAL, Mental Health
- To work effectively with the Principal and SLT to achieve excellence
- The ability to support and overview the work of teaching assistants working with SEND children.
- Good communication skills and an ability to work within a team
- Good management and organisational skills and experience of leading/managing other staff.
- The necessary communication skills enabling liaison with a variety of external agencies
We can offer you an excellent working school environment where staff are happy, positive and dedicated. There is a dedicated SENDCO office and we are well resourced and have highly effective and well established intervention strategies.
To apply, please visit the current vacancies page of the Ark Dickens Primary Academy website:
Please take a look at our website to find out more about the school. Socially distanced visits to the school can be arranged. Please contact Ann Dyson, Operations Support Manager on 023 92826514 to discuss the role further.
Deadline: 11am on 23rd April 2021
Interview Date: 28th April 2021
Start Date: September 2021
Salary: Highly competitive (based on experience)
Ark Dickens is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.