Senior Development Surveyor
Portsmouth City Council
Civic Offices Guildhall Walk Portsmouth
Job typeFull Time, Temporary
£52,645 - £56,657 Per Annum
26 March 2021
Portsmouth City Council
At Portsmouth City Council we’re all about developing our staff, because we want to build a bigger and better city but we need the best employees to do so.
With a little over 207,000 residents and 7,000 businesses throughout this city, this unitary authority’s main goal is to ensure the best care and development of all those within the city. From customer service to Multi-million pound projects, our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
Your New Role
The Property and Investment Team sits within the Council’s Regeneration Directorate and manages and maintains the authority’s multi-million pound property portfolio. The team also provides professional general practice property expertise to the authorities’ regeneration and capital projects. The authority has a broad and varied portfolio of property assets across the UK. This includes assets in all the major property sectors, industrial (multi-let and single-let), retail, offices, leisure (hotels and golf courses), agricultural and alternatives (which includes a continental ferry port).
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of property professionals, you will be required to provide expertise and advice on all property development related matters working flexibly according to business needs and the diverse portfolio. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist with the delivery of the Council’s regeneration plans
- Identify opportunities for development, and undertake options appraisals for development, disposal and or acquisitions.
- Prepare reports recommending the above.
- Undertaking valuations and appraisals on a case by case basis.
- Negotiate disposals and acquisitions in support of Council strategies.
- Provide professional services under contract for other authorities
What you’ll need to succeed
An experienced Chartered Surveyor, who is highly motivated and adept at solving complex problems, with a strong commercial focus on maximising return.
You need to:
Be a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS or FRICS General Practice) with extensive post qualification experience.
- Have excellent technical knowledge gained from your significant post qualification experience.
- Ability to work with complex property information to identify and bring to fruition opportunities for development, disposal and or acquisition, requiring innovation, imagination and vision.
- Be I.T. literate and have experience of working with I.T. property systems
- Be able to visit locations around the city and UK on a daily basis.
What you’ll get in return
As well as highly competitive pay you’ll receive all the benefits of working within a local authority organisation, which ranges from flexible working hours to a fantastic pension which allows you the opportunity to pay in more for that greater return. We wish to support all our staffs development throughout, if that’s progression planning or involvement within the on the job apprenticeship scheme we will work together to drive your career. For those with families we have child care benefits as well as discounts with local businesses which can be enjoyed by all.
To make sure your application is above the rest, please review the “Job Profile” to ensure you application matches the requirements of the role.
Please ensure to complete the application in its entirety and add in comments to the Personal Statement section
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in and suitable candidates will be called for interview as they apply. There is no set closing date for the advert, it will be removed once the post is filled.