Service User Participation Lead - The Society of St James (SSJ)
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£23,776 - £27,025
11 May 2021
Service User Participation Lead
Full Time, 37 hrs pw
Salary Range: 24 – 28 (£23,776 – £27,025 per annum)
SSJ is looking to recruit an individual who is able to work with a wide range of service users across the whole of SSJ’s service delivery and also engage with SSJ management in a variety of processes. This is a new post and the postholder will be charged with increasing and improving meaningful service user participation, influence and oversight of the governance, management and strategic direction of the Society of St James.
The postholder will work to deliver the following outcomes:
- Service user voice at Board/committee level
- Develop mechanisms for service user feedback into existing and future service delivery
- Meeting statutory requirements of service user participation and involvement
- Identification of other areas of service user involvement
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants will need to be self-starting individuals who are able to work on their own. This is a new role so all activity will need to be identified and generated by the postholder. They will need to be skilled at service user engagement while having an understanding of the governance needs of Voluntary Sector Organisations/Registered Providers.
Skills around managing meetings and giving presentations will be essential and a 10-minute presentation will be part of the interview process. The successful candidate will be able to talk to variety of audiences including delivering critical feedback using tact and diplomacy as well as feeding into policy, strategy and tender processes.
- A Gold Investors in People Employer
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Flexible working options
- Buying additional annual leave
- Comprehensive induction and training
- Counselling, financial, personal support and health and well-being services via our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted laptops and computers with Jamie’s Computers
Please note that we cannot accept CVs for any of our vacancies, nor do we accept applications from recruitment agencies and instead ask you to please visit the Work for Us page of the Society of St James website:
Your application needs to be completed before the closing date and time. Any applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 10 days of the closing date please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing Date: 11th May 2021
The Society of St James (SSJ) delivers high impact, person-centred, accommodation services to people experiencing homelessness, substance misuse and mental health problems. The people we support are at the heart of everything we do, our main aim and priority is to find people with values, behaviours and attitudes to match our own.