Site Manager - Gatcombe Park Primary School
Job typePart Time, Fixed Term
£11,707 - £13,773
23 September 2021
- Post: Site Manager – Gatcombe Park Primary School
- Contract: Fixed-term – one year in the first instance with possibility of a permanent contract upon successful review.
- Hours: Part-time 17-20 hours per week 52 weeks per year
- Salary: Band 7 Scale point 13 FTE: £25,481 Actual salary £11,707-£13,773
- Closing Date: 23rd September 21
- Interview date: To be arranged
- Start Date: To be arranged
- Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of a Site Manager is key to the smooth running of our school and we are looking for someone with a strong sense of pride in their work. Someone who believes doing a job to the best of your ability truly matters.
Gatcombe Park has extensive grounds and the upkeep of this area will form a large part of the role.
We are looking for an individual who will:
- Manage the site, grounds and buildings working in partnership with the Business Manager
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness and operational effectiveness
- Be practical and have appropriate skills to be able to undertake a range of repairs, maintenance and decoration within the school.
- Carry out and record Health & Safety checks and ensure the school is compliant with Health & Safety legislation.
- Have basic IT skills and be willing to learn new systems
- Show initiative, be proactive, have good organisational and time management skills.
- Arrange and supervise contractors on site.
- Take responsibility for security and be the principal keyholder
- Will be responsible for locking the school at the end of the day and during school holiday periods.
- Work in a flexible manner to meet the needs of the school.
- Maintenance/Gardening experience desirable
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A welcoming, friendly and highly supportive staff
- Training will be provided
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For further information, to arrange an informal visit to the school or to request an application pack please contact the school on 02392 694412 or email Carolyn Coleby – email@example.com
THE RIDINGS PARTNERSHIP
Gatcombe Park Primary School is part of the Ridings Partnership, a multi academy of local schools in Portsmouth.
The Ridings Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.
All schools with the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.