Special Needs Assistant - Manor Infant School and Nursery
Job typePart Time, Fixed Term
£18,562 - £18,948 (Full Time Equivalent)
21 June 2021
Fixed Term Special Needs Assistant
Band 3 (Pay band salary Full Time Equivalent £18,562 – £18,948)
Hours: 28.75 per week (8.30am to 3.15pm)
Start Date: Thursday 2nd September 2021
Closing Date: Monday 21st June 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 24th June 2021 (in school)
Fixed Term until 31st August 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Special Needs Assistant to be part of Manor Infant School.
We are looking to appoint a Special Needs Assistant with lots of initiative and excellent communication skills, to join our friendly, forward-thinking and supportive team. You will be an enthusiastic, highly motivated and hard working person and will work alongside the class teacher in one of our classes. You will be required to support an individual child with specific learning needs, either by working with small groups, or on a one to one basis and children across a class.
Our children are lovely, friendly, keen to learn, caring and well behaved. Experience of working with children who have specific learning needs would be desirable, although not essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with children within the Early Years, or Key Stage One, and be committed to supporting all children’s learning.
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated, creative and able to use their initiative.
- Be committed to working as part of a team in order to plan and deliver a broad curriculum.
- Be organised, efficient and professional in their approach and have good interpersonal skills.
- Be caring, understanding and patient.
- Have experience of PECS and/ or Makaton
- Be able to support intimate care if needed
- Encourage social play
- Have NVQ2/3 or equivalent in working with children or within schools.
- Have good IT skills.
- Have good behaviour management skills.
- Be willing, at times, to go above and beyond to ensure our children receive the very best!
This will initially be a fixed term contract until 31st August 2022, although it may be extended beyond this period.
Please contact Mrs Catharine Guntert, Finance Officer, email@example.com or visit the Manor Infant School website: Manor Infant School Portsmouth – Welcome to our website for more information.
The Head teacher, Mrs Helen Castle, welcomes visits. Please contact the school on 023 92 820548 to arrange this.