Teacher of Psychology - Portsmouth College
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£25,762 - £39,531
13 May 2021
Teacher of Psychology
Portsmouth College, Portsmouth
Full time to commence in August 2021
£25,762 – £39,531 per annum
Closing date 10.00 am 13th May 2021
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and innovative teacher to contribute to the teaching of our courses in the Social Sciences Department. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to teach A-level Psychology and BTEC Applied Psychology.
The successful candidate should have the ability to deliver the subjects in an engaging and creative way and have a proven record of motivating students to produce a successful and dynamic classroom environment. You must be willing to actively use hand-held technology to help facilitate student learning both inside and outside the classroom.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
Candidates should have:
- A good relevant Honours degree
- A relevant teaching qualification: currently undertaking one or willing to do so
- A proven track record of successful teaching of 14-19 year olds (this could be through teaching practice if the candidate is an NQT or on a PGCE)
- Ability to teach A level / BTEC Psychology
- Ability to use, or willingness to learn how to use hand-held technology to promote learning
- Ability to confidently relate well to students of all abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to safeguarding and student support
- Ability to differentiate for ability levels
For a full recruitment pack and to download an application form, please refer to the staff vacancy page of Portsmouth College website: www.portsmouth-college.ac.uk.
Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
Please return completed application forms to the HR Department. Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation all completed applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 10.00 am on Thursday 13th May 2021
Interviews will take place on the afternoon of Thursday 20th May 2021.