Teacher of Science - Portsmouth Academy
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£27,186 - £42,192
26 April 2021
Description – Teacher of Science
Job Reference – 0000000339
Location – The Portsmouth Academy
Closing Date – 26/04/2021
Employment Type – Teaching
Hours – 32.5
Weeks Per Year – 52
Location – The Portsmouth Academy
Minimum Salary – £27,186
Maximum Salary – £42,192
Contract Type – Permanent
|Teacher of Science
(Applications from NQTs welcome)
Salary £27,186 – £42,192
Start date: September 2021
Closing Date: 12pm on Monday 26th April 2021
We are a successful and growing school, which is currently going through a period of expansion. In order to support our continued growth we are looking to expand our team of creative, supportive and dynamic staff by appointing an inspirational Teacher of Science.
“Leaders have dramatically improved the quality of teaching, learning and assessment… consequently, the quality of teaching, learning and assessment is consistently good and continues to improve.” – Ofsted, April 2017 –
- Be a qualified teacher of Science and able to deliver to KS3 & KS4
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum, both in the physical and digital classrooms
- High expectations for yourself and the Students ensure that all of our students achieve their very best
- You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth, The Portsmouth Education Partnership and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal conversation with the Curriculum Lead, please contact Sue Wood Executive PA email@example.com