Teaching Assistant 1:1 SEN Support - St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School
Job typeTerm Time, Fixed Term
£18,562 - £18,948 (Full Time Equivalent)
23 September 2021
Teaching Assistant 1:1 SEN Support
St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School is a small, friendly community school where every child is valued. We are located in the heart of Portsea and support 330 children from nursery through to year 6 who are all from diverse backgrounds.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, experienced Special Needs Assistant, to work in our school with children who have SEND Needs. The start date for this position is ASAP.
You must be flexible, adaptive and willing to work in partnership with class teachers and senior leaders in order to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all pupils.
Ideal candidates will:
- Hold relevant qualifications in learning support – such as NVQ/Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. NVQ Childcare and Education etc.
- Previous experience of working in a school or supporting children’s learning and development
- Have GCSE Maths and English at Grade C and above or equivalent
- Hold a first aid qualification or be prepared to attend training.
- Be committed to the school’s ethos – skills, goals, belief, success.
- Excellent behaviour management.
- Experienced in using P.A.C.E style strategies.
- A team player who is also able to work individually.
- Have a firm commitment to providing the very best outcomes for our pupils.
- Humour is also required!
The post is for initially for 10 hours per week in the afternoon – rising to 25 hours per week in line with the child’s needs. Monday to Friday, term time only and is fixed term until 31st August 2022
This Fixed term appointment is related to the provision of special needs support in respect of the named pupil/s and will continue pending a review of the Education, Health and Care Plan/s or the pupil/s departure from the school, if earlier.
Salary is at point 3-4 £18,562 – £18,948 FTE – actual salary £4447.54 – £4540.03 based on 10 hours
Actual salary based on 25 hours is £11,118.86 – £11,350.08
Closing date for applications is Thursday 23rd September 2021 at 12 noon and interviews will be held w/b Monday 27th September 2021.
Please contact Victoria Hall on 023 9282 2886 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack and for more information.
St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosure at enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.