Teaching Assistant - St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School
Job typePart Time, Fixed Term
£18,562 - £18,948 (Full Time Equivalent)
25 June 2021
St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School is a small, friendly community school where every child is valued. We are located in the heart of Portsea and support 330 children from nursery through to year 6 who are all from diverse backgrounds.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, experienced Teaching Assistant, to work in Key Stage 2. The start date for this position is September 2021
You must be flexible, adaptive and willing to work in partnership with class teachers and senior leaders in order to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all pupils.
Ideal candidates will:
- Hold relevant qualifications in learning support – such as NVQ/Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. NVQ Childcare and Education etc.
- Previous experience of working in a school or supporting children’s learning and development
- Have GCSE Maths and English at Grade C and above or equivalent
- Hold a first aid qualification or be prepared to attend training.
- Be committed to the school’s ethos – skills, goals, belief, success.
- A team player who is also able to work individually.
- Have a firm commitment to providing the very best outcomes for our pupils.
The post is for 10 hours per week in the afternoon 1.15pm – 3.15pm – Monday to Friday, term time only and is fixed term until 31st August 2022
Salary is at point 3-4 £18,562 – £18,948 FTE – actual salary £4,447.54 – £4,540.03 based on 10 hours per week.
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th June 2021 at 12 noon and interviews will be held Tuesday 6th July 2021.
Please contact Victoria Hall on 023 9282 2886 or email@example.com for an application pack and for more information.
St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosure at enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.