Teaching Assistant - St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School
Job typeTerm Time, Fixed Term
£18,562 - £18,948 (Full Time Equivalent)
26 April 2021
Closing Date: 9 am Monday 26th April 2021
Interview Date: Tuesday 4th May 2021
Required Start Date: ASAP
Fixed term, initially until 22nd July 2022, term time only
Monday – Friday, 8.45 am – 3.30 pm, 31.25 hours per week
Salary Details Band 3 FTE £18,562 – £18,948, pro-rata £13,898 – £14,187
St Swithun’s is an oversubscribed ‘Good’ school with a friendly, welcoming environment where every child is valued. We are looking to appoint a motivated, experienced Teaching Assistant, to join our hard-working, dedicated team.
The role is full-time to support a Year R child who has ASD. Relevant experience will be a distinct advantage. Visits to the school can be arranged.
Candidates will have:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above
- Experience of working with young children with ASD
- Experienced in using PACE strategies
- A team player who is also able to work individually
- Have a firm commitment to providing the very best outcomes for our pupils
- Humour is also required!
We can offer:
- A friendly and supportive team with lovely children, teachers, families and Governors
- A belief in team work and building positive relationships across the school
- A focus on care, guidance and support for all staff members
- A commitment to provide high quality professional development
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
To organise a visit to the school, please telephone the school office on 023 9282 9339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply using the application form below and submit by email, or post to Sarah Bond, Administration Manager, St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School, Taswell Road, Southsea PO5 2RG.