Transport Operations Coordinator - Maternity Cover
Portsmouth City Council
Civic Offices Guildhall Walk Portsmouth
Job typeFull Time, Fixed Term
£22,223 - £25,927 Per Annum
25 May 2022
Fixed term for up to 1 year to cover maternity leave
Salary: Band 6 – £22,223 – £25,927
Full Time – 37 hours per week
Portsmouth City Council
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Every post is subject to PCC and Portsmouth Safeguarding Children’s Board safer recruitment procedures.
This post provides frontline support for the Home to School/College and Looked after Children transport function. This involves providing comprehensive day-to-day administration, finance and route and workload planning to ensure all pupils/children get to and from their destinations safely
What is the role?
In this role you will be working with and report to the Transport Operations Manager and will be responsible for making appropriate travel arrangements for children and young people with specific needs, and planning routes to ensure that children and young people get transport to their intended destination.
You will be continually monitoring routes to ensure they are being delivered in the most cost-effective way, as well as liaising with transport operators on service delivery.
You will provide comprehensive day-to-day administration of externally operated transport contracts as well as PCC operated contracts.
Your role will also include the maintenance of essential Transport Operations databases and spreadsheets, providing financial administration for contracts and bus passes, and allocation of Relief Passenger Assistants to cover absences.
You will allow undertake any other duty requested by the Transport Operations Manager/ Transport Planning Manager or their representative equal to the duties already carried out in the role.
Who is the person?
You need to have:
· Good communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas and share information.
· A customer focused approach to work which promotes your passion to deliver excellent service and continuous improvement on the Home to School transport issues for the City’s residents.
· Good interpersonal communication and networking skills which enable you to build effective relationships and have a positive influence on stakeholders and colleagues.
· Ideally experience of transport co-ordination, logistics and planning is desired.
· Experience of dealing with financial and budget management.
· To use, maintain and keep secure, in line with GDPR, high volumes of sensitive personal data, both manual and computerised relating to children and young people on their needs.
· Have a thorough understanding of Safeguarding and the issues that may arise on transport.
Please see more in the job profile.
The job closes at midnight 25th May 2022, applications made after this date may not be considered.
When completing the application form, please thoroughly tailor your application to the job profile with the use of examples from your experience. This is important, or you are likely not to be shortlisted. The full job profile is attached.