Trust Financial Controller - Solent Academies Trust
Job typeFull Time, Permanent
£40,578 - £49,729
16 August 2022
Trust Financial Controller
Salary: Band 11/12 dependent on experience.
(£40,578 – £49,729)
Contract Type: Full time Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Solent Academies Trust is an outstanding trust and learning community, which currently includes Mary Rose Academy, Cliffdale Primary Academy, Redwood Park Academy, Littlegreen Academy and Portsmouth and Solent Training Alliance.
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to take on the role of Trust Financial Controller.
You will be based at Cliffdale Primary Academy but will be required to travel between the Trust Sites
The successful candidate will:
- Provide oversight and technical direction for financial matters across the Trust, including management of the accounting systems.
- Provide financial reports and expert financial advice to the Chief Finance and Operations Officer, Chief Executive Officer, the Board of Trustees and its committees.
- Ensure the finance team delivers excellent customer service to its internal clients.
- Plan and carry out critical financial activity including management accounting, budgeting, forecasting and annual statutory accounts production.
- Lead on internal and external audits.
- Oversea the company secretary responsibilities for the Trust.
- Provide professional support to centrally based finance staff nurturing talent and developing the team for high performance.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and relevant external individuals and organisations.
Please complete a Solent Academies Trust application form accompanied by a letter of application.
If you have any questions at all, or wish to submit an application please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details please visit the Solent Academies Trust website: http://solentacademiestrust.info
Please note we will only accept applications completed on our Solent Academies Trust form, CV’s will not be accepted.
Application Closing: 16th August 2022
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews will be held as and when suitable candidates apply.
Solent Academies Trust welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the academy’s application form will be accepted Solent Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.